Thursday, August 11, 2011

Need LiveCD with foolproof Internet Connection Sharing. Please read more....?

I have a laptop with no hard drive therefore using a LiveCD is a must. I have been fooling around with Linux distros (Puppy, SLAX, etc) and Windows XP Pro SP3 Live. I get the closest using SLAX because it will recognize my Netgear WG111 wireless and adapter and even displays excellent linkage/signal. Now, the part I am having the problem with is sharing a connection with the rest of my network. I don't care what type/brand/version of LiveCD it is and would even build a custom CD using something like WinBuilder. I just need ICS sharing like I am accustom to as with Windows XP in which after I install the hardware all I need to do is either use a wizard or manually change an IP address. I have even thought of using XP Pro SP3 Live with a portable ICS software on a thumb drive. Any help would be appreciated and please allow me to reply back to you if necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment