Saturday, August 6, 2011

How many times can you have a criminal case continued?

I got charged with 3 felonies on April 7th, 2011 and had my first court date the day after in which I got a public defender, I know there not worth anything but I can't afford to hire a real lawyer. About 3 weeks later I had my second court date which was in district court and at the court date my public defender waived something and my case got bounded over from district court to superior court. I am out on bail as of right now still waiting to hear from my public defender on when my first court date will be in superior court. I was wandering how many times can I legally get my case continued so I can stay out of jail/prison as long as I can? Or is it totally up to the judge weather or not he will allow me to continue? I live in North Carolina if that matters. Just looking for honest answers and not wanting to be judged or labeled as a criminal and I don't wanna read rude comments calling me a criminal...I'm innocent until proven guilty.

No comments:

Post a Comment